Our monthly meetings feature a display of trees from our members. All members are welcome to bring along a tree for display. Trees in the novice section will be critiqued by a senior member, providing valuable tips for the future direction of the tree.
- Any member may exhibit in this section.
- All bonsai must have been trained by the exhibitor for at least 3 months.
- No advanced member may exhibit more than one bonsai in each of the three classes in any month.
- Points are awarded for each bonsai exhibited and the annual perpetual trophy awarded to exhibitor of the year obtaining the most points.
- Trees in training may be exhibited without penalty.
- For any member who has won six first awards in the Novice Section.
- No member may exhibit more that one bonsai in each of the three classes in any month.
- An annual prize is awarded for the exhibitor accumulating the most points in any year.
- Points are awarded for trees in bonsai pots only
- Members may remain in this section for only two years
- No limit to the number of trees exhibited.
- Members may only remain in this section until they win six (6) first awards.
- Both Bonsai in pots and training boxes may be exhibited. Points are awarded for trees in Bonsai Pots only.
- Points in the Novice Section are awarded in the following manner
- First Place Novice – 3 points
- Second Place Novice – 2 points
- Popular Choice Novice – 2 points
- Encouragement Novice – 2 points
- Other trees – 1 point
- Prizes are awarded for annual aggregate.
- The winner of the Novice Section at the annual show will advance to the Intermediate Section in the following year.
- Bonsai purchased by novice growers must be owned by the exhibitor for at least six months.
Multiple Plantings: Includes Group, Connected Root, Raft and Saikei Styles.
Miniature: Under 15 cm. high.
Points are only awarded to financial members